Trucks are prohibited...but you are always welcome

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Walden Van

I want to spend a year living out of a van.
Everyone I have expressed this to have all responded similarly: "Why? That's dumb and dangerous".
Maybe I will, maybe I won't, but let me tell you why I want to.
For one thing, I am a bit of a rolling stone. Always have, and always likely will be. I don't like to stay in one place for long and seem to have an addiction to change. Therefore, my home being wherever I feel like it hits me in a deep place. But the most attractive thing about living a minimalist, stripped-down existence is the freedom. A life stripped of distractions, excess, and worrying about dumb stuff like plasma screen TVs and if my decor is outdated or not. I would spend the whole day doing nothing but being in nature and enjoying my Creator and His creations, hunkering down in coffee shops to read, or fellowshipping with brothers and sisters because there is literally nothing else. I need very little to be content and feel the best quality time with God is spent doing the aforementioned activities. At best, it would be a spiritual revolution, a 'Walden 
Pond' kind of year. At worst, it would be a challenging social experiment I can tell the grandkiddies about someday when trying to explain why they should shut off the 3D Mariokart and go outside. I will know a kindred soul when they hear my van dream and say, "can I come?"

No comments:

Post a Comment