Trucks are prohibited...but you are always welcome

Saturday, August 27, 2011

metamorphosis

One unique characteristic of a major life change (or more specifically, a move to a new location) is that it affords you the opportunity to reinvent yourself. At your new location, it is likely that no one there will know that in middle school your staple clothing item was parachute pants, or that in high school you barfed into your tuba at the year-end recital. Your past is a blank slate, as is your future. So now I find myself in the state of blankness, but rapidly being written upon by the things I say, do, wear, eat... Who do I want to be? The old has fallen away, and now I must decide. Do I like who I am? If not, I must change quickly because my window of opportunity for first impressions is rapidly closing.

No comments:

Post a Comment