Trucks are prohibited...but you are always welcome

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Power of observation

One of my pet peeves is people who make less than positive observations on the appearances of others. They may not say it in a negative light, but it's still not a compliment. Most of people's self-image comes from feedback they receive from others, so when you make a comment about someone else you may be shaping how they view themselves, either for the positive or negative. That's a tremendous responsibility, and I think it would be better left alone. For example, these are things I probably would have never known if someone hadn't told me:


- I have big teeth


- I have a small head


- I have a big butt


- I have weird looking feet


- I am shaped like a boy

These are all things that are part of my self image that would not have been there if someone had not told me. Do you really want that responsibility? If you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment