My house is filled with brokenness. Three girls, three newly ended relationships. Luckily, we are able to console each other and use each other's experiences in our own lives. I have noticed a pattern in each of us, and it roughly follows the Kubler-Ross model of grief. It looks a little bit like this:
1. Denial- "I'm fine, I'm better off anyway." "This is only a short break, we're gonna get back together."
2. Anger- "I hate that %&F&^$!! Eat $#!# and die!!!"
3. Bargaining- "Maybe if I lose some weight, act sweeter, date someone else and make him jealous... we'll get back together."
4. Depression- "I miss him so much! Why doesn't want to be with me??"
5. Acceptance- "It's for the best, I need to find someone that treats me how I deserve to be treated."