Trucks are prohibited...but you are always welcome

Thursday, May 5, 2011

do it like a dude

My friends constantly make fun of me for (their words, not mine) "dressing like a lesbian". Baggy plaid shirts, baggy denim shirts, combat boots, ripped up jeans... I have found that the way I feel reflects how I choose to dress myself. For the longest time I chose to be single, to be on my own, independent. I didn't need anybody and nobody needed me. I was a lone-wolf kind of dude. So I dressed like a lone-wolf kind of dude. Now as I embark on selecting my new spring wardrobe I find myself drawn to skirts, dresses, floral tops... And I suspect it's because for the first time in a long time, I feel like a girl. He makes me feel like a girl.
*note: this is not an exact science. I still plan on wearing my plaid shirts. Heck, I paid for 'em and by golly... I'm gonna wear 'em.

1 comment:

  1. Some of the things you post.. I actually do a double take because they echo my diaries from the past.

    The way I dress now is a complete 180 from how I used to dress and now? Ha.. just look at me! I actually dress overly-girly to make up for the past. Long story, and part of my complex. Le sigh~

    Sorry for the novel, love. xo

    ReplyDelete