Trucks are prohibited...but you are always welcome

Friday, May 20, 2011

Not ready

I scheduled my licensure exam for July 30. That means, God willing, that come August I will officially be a nurse and ready to get a grown-up job. I will desperately miss being a barista, though I may keep it as a part time job just so I can keep up my latte art skills. I feel like a child thrust into an adult body and social role, I don't feel my age. But then again, I never really have. I made a conscious decision to grow up a while ago, and that has drastically affected my behavior. I am behaving more maturely and responsibly, but I still feel 17. Maybe I always will. And is that really so wrong?

1 comment:

  1. My fingers are triple crossed for you. You've got this.

    I don't really feel my age, either. Mentally, I feel 80, like I've seen so much.. yet at the same time, I feel 6, staring at the world with childlike wonder.

    xo

    ReplyDelete