Trucks are prohibited...but you are always welcome

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Graduation caps are silly looking

Who started the tradition of wearing tassled squares atop your head to signify completion of a college education? They look silly and are darn hard to keep on if you were born with an abnormally small head like me. Well, an abnormally small everything, really. Yes friends, I graduated today. I joined a sea of black robes and multi-colored tassles and I even did a stereotypical jumping-while-throwing-cap photo shoot. I am (well, technically I still have to pass my exam...) for all intensive purposes, a nurse. A NURSE! I could go on and on about the joys and terrors of being a nurse, ranging from holding a new baby to collecting stool samples, but rather than doing that I will simply say that this profession is not what I chose. It is who I am. It's been a long, hard road but I have arrived at my destination, which ironically enough is the first step leading to another long hard road. And though my training has me adequately prepared, I know (and fear) that I still have so so so much to learn. I think I need to watch Dead Poet's Society to get me pumped up for the journey. CARPE DIEM!!!

2 comments:

  1. ps: For the belt, I just make sure it's tighter than I'd normally wear it and then I tuck it into the side! (If not, a bobbypin does wonders)

    ReplyDelete