Trucks are prohibited...but you are always welcome

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

straw fedora and a pink chemise

Startling realization from an unexpected source. I was bored out of my skull this afternoon, so I sat down to take a college exit survey emailed to me last week. It asked me my opinion on my college experience, then my opinions on global issues and then my opinions about what is important in life. I was surprised to find that my responses revealed parts of my heart I only suspected were present. I discovered that the only thing that really gets my heart beating faster (regarding my future) is service, not pursuit of monetary gain. I think... I think I may want to be a missionary nurse. The thought of actively helping the helpless makes me feel alive in a way I haven't in a long time. It won't be a profitable life choice (in fact, I may have to work a year just to afford a missionary lifestyle) but I honestly can't picture myself happy just living for myself. Goodness. This is big news, the kind of news that changes just about everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment