Trucks are prohibited...but you are always welcome

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Brainbreak

Amidst a sea of flash cards, a quicksand pit of textbooks, and a desert of online review exams, I have found an oasis; on Netflix there is a television series called "10 things I hate about you", which is Shakepseare's 'Taming of the shrew' in teen drama form. (not the movie version with julia stiles and heath ledger) It is, for lack of a better word, stupid. Well, I suppose asinine is a better word... but my point is that this television series is a cesspool of poor acting, unrealistic dialogue, and predictable plotline. The characters are as shallow as they are attractive (very, very attractive), with the emotional depth of a carrot.
I am absolutely addicted.
With the workout my brain gets 99% of the day, it is so, so, SO nice to watch something that takes zero effort to appreciate. I don't have to think, ponder, mull over, or debate what I see on the screen. I just accept it for what it is, a blessed abomination. Thank you, Hollywood, thank you for this. Also, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment