Trucks are prohibited...but you are always welcome

Monday, July 4, 2011

Madrid, dia tres

Action packed day. Today was the first day of English Camp, it did not start well with me getting hopelessly lost on the way to the school. Ay de mi!! But it got much better as I was assigned a group of four 3rd grade girls who are just darling. Within a few hours they were climbing on me and clinging como monos en un arbol. It was a long, tiring six hours but I had so much fun, and I am so excited for tomorrow. Seccion de deportes went fairly smoothly, with only a few rough patches with the 1st and 2nd graders. Those kids are cray cray!!! After camp, Celia and I had merienda together then laid out by the pool. We went for a quick run once the sun went down, then had dinner with the family around 11. I had authentic Spanish empanadas for the first time, I loved every bite. I also got to try all sorts of new fruits. After dinner we went to the central park to meet her friends, who were waiting there. It was a fun, relaxing evening and I had a fun time with her friends (though I had trouble understanding the conversation) and we made plans to go shopping in Madrid, backpacking in the mountains, and visiting some of the landmarks like the castles and art museums. I don't know how I will fit it all into two short weeks! More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment