Trucks are prohibited...but you are always welcome

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Big Girl Pants

Today I made perhaps the most important decision of the year: I decided that today is the day that I will grow up. I know, I know, I am in my 20s and should have done that a long time ago but I honestly believe that growing up is a conscious decision, not something that happens spontaneously as you age. I am so tired of shirking responsibilities, planning poorly, procrastinating, not taking initiative and just generally behaving like a child. I'm tired of apologizing and constantly being overwhelmed. Today is the first day of my adult life, and I gotta say... it feels damn good.
Now this doesn't mean I will give up the child-like parts of myself that I love. I will still climb trees, giggle at the word "duty", dip my cookies in milk, and gawk at sunsets like I've never seen one before. But when it comes to my professional life, I will grab life by the horns and (pardon the expression) make it my bitch.
Boys and girls, it's a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment