Trucks are prohibited...but you are always welcome

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Bittersweet...but mostly sweet

Today was my last day of undergraduate classes. I can hardly believe it, even as I type the words. I don't feel much different from my freshman self a short four years ago, but looking back I can see just how much I have changed. I don't really feel like going into all of the complex feelings I am experiencing as I face graduation, so instead I will make a short list of things I will miss and won't miss about college classes:
Will miss: waking up early and seeing the sun rise as I walk to class, laying out on the lawn and studying, people watching between classes, all-nighter cram sessions with friends, having something to dress outrageously for, not being held accountable for most of my actions, having summer break, having Thursday be a socially acceptable day to go to the dancey bars.
Won't miss: Waking up early to drag my butt to class, walking in the snow and rain, waiting on buses, sitting for hours in a classroom, obscene amounts of schoolwork, stress of homework and exams, not having time for friends, feeling like a child most of the time.
So all-in-all, I am ready for this transition. All I have to do is survive finals week. Eye of the tiger!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment