Trucks are prohibited...but you are always welcome

Monday, April 11, 2011

exoskeleton

I love clothes. I love clothes, accessories, and other items worn ornamentally on the body. Not just on me, on other people as well...but not because I am frivolous and superficial. Allow me to explain. Have you heard the saying, "wear your heart on your sleeve"? That saying means a lot to me, but not how it was intended. I think that fashion choices and accessory selection is just another way to reveal small pieces of your heart, like your preferences, your values, your desires. Everyone is reaching out to others with a small, subtle message in what they adorn their body with. If you are interested in people like I am, these messages are fascinating. Just one example, the environmental enthusiast wearing non-synthetic fabric and recyclable "green" jewelry, telling anyone paying close attention about her passion for a healthy planet. All around you, strangers are telling you their favorite color, their favorite sports team, their level of self-esteem, their school, what they watch, where they come from.... whether or not anyone cares to listen is another matter entirely. So I guess the true message of this isn't that I love clothes.... it's that I love people.

No comments:

Post a Comment