Trucks are prohibited...but you are always welcome

Sunday, April 3, 2011

thwarted

Last night at the hospital around 2AM I found a bit of free time, a lull in the action. I decided to crouch behind a computer, pretend to be doing work, and do a bit of blogging about what I was thinking and feeling about my experience of the day. In the next 20 minutes or so, I produced an insightful, moving monologue describing the wide range of emotions and thoughts that I had experienced in the last eleven hours. But as I was composing the conclusion, I was called away for a brief moment. But not brief enough, because by the time I returned my tab had been closed and my work was gone. Balls. So you will never know what words were intended to be in place of these, and I am not inclined to retype them because any emotions I was experiencing are now gone and I don't believe I could reproduce them with the same genuine spirit in which they were created. So there you have it. This is a non-blog. A blog in a blog's absence, if you will. But I felt the urge to write, and felt it better to write something about nothing than nothing at all. On another note, my sister came to visit today and seeing and speaking with her was like a drink of cold lemonade on a hot day.

No comments:

Post a Comment