Trucks are prohibited...but you are always welcome

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Transformers, Robots in Disguise

I love my transformers optimus prime T shirt, I will probably still wear it when I am 90. I've been thinking a lot lately about transformation. Can one thing, one person, ever truly be transformed? If you had asked me 6 months ago, I would say no... but new habits can be learned to give the appearance of a transformation. But now, looking at myself, I see that true transformation is possible. For the past year I have been a disaster. Self destructive life patterns and poor choices were strewn about my feet, stumbling me again and again. And then I gave up. I gave up trying to fix myself and told my Savior that if he could do anything with the mangled remains of my life, have a crack at it. Got your work cut out for ya, ol' buddy, ol' pal. But he took the broken shards of glass and created a stained glass window for His glory to shine through. Yesterday I was faced with a familiar scenario but I responded to it in a way so contrary to my nature that I know... I KNOW that some major transformation has happened while I wasn't even looking. Do you think people can change?

No comments:

Post a Comment